聖夜正餐 鶏のコンフィ Chicken Confit for Christmas Eve Dinner

聖夜正餐 鶏のコンフィ 
Chicken Confit for Christmas Eve Dinner



 今日はいよいよクリスマス・イヴです。
 家人と二人、楽しく過ごすために、僕が鶏のコンフィを拵えました。
 家人は、デザートのケーキを数日前から準備してくれました。

 Today is Christmas Eve.
 I made chicken confit to enjoy with my wife.
 She had been preparing a cake for dessert several days in advance.

下準備 Preparation


材料 Ingredients

骨付き鶏もも肉
お好みのスパイス
お好みのドライ・ハーブ
塩
にんにく
お好みのフレッシュ・ハーブ

Chicken legs
Powder spices of your choice
Dry or powder herbs of your choice
Salt
Garlic
Fresh herbs of your choice


 下準備に使うスパイスとハーブは奥の容器に入ったものです。
 手前の小皿のホールスパイスは、翌日の油煮において使用します。

 The spices and herbs used for preparation are in small bowl at the back.
 The whole spices in the small plate in front will be used when boiling chicken simmering in oil the next day.



 骨付き鶏もも肉に塩、パウダー状又は乾燥のスパイス及びハーブをすり込み、スライスしたにんにくをまぶします。
 今回使用したスパイスは、パウダーのコリアンダー、クローブ、ナツメグ、挽いた黒胡椒、ハーブは、パウダーのタイム、セージ、乾燥のタラゴン、マジョラム、ローズマリー、オレガノです。

 Rub chicken legs with salt, powdered or dried spices and herbs, then sprinkle with sliced garlic.
 This time, I used powdered coriander, cloves, nutmeg, thyme, sage, dried tarragon, marjoram, rosemary, oregano and ground black pepper.


 ファスナー付プラスティック・バッグに、スパイスやハーブなどをまぶした骨付き鶏もも肉を、フレッシュのハーブと共に入れ、一晩冷蔵庫で寝かせます。
 今回使ったフレッシュハーブは、タイムとローズマリーです。

 Place chicken legs sprinkled with spices, herbs, and garlic in a zippered plastic bag along with fresh herbs and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
 The fresh herbs that I used this time are thyme and rosemary.

油煮 simmering in oil

材料 Ingredients

下準備後に一晩寝かせた骨付き鶏もも肉
オリーブ油
牛脂
豚の脂身
ホール・スパイス
ハーブ

Chicken legs left overnight in the refrigerator after preparation
Extra virgin olive oil 
Beef fat 
Pork fat 
Whole spice 
Herbs



 オーブンで使用できる鍋に、骨付き鶏もも肉を入れ、にんにく、ホールスパイス、ハーブを加え、オリーブオイルをひたひたに満たします。
 今回使用したスパイスやハーブは、黒胡椒、コリアンダー、杜松の実、クローブ、メース、カルダモン、ローリエ、フレッシュのタイムとローズマリーです。

 Place chicken legs in an oven-safe pot, add the sliced garlic, whole spices, and herbs, and cover with olive oil.
 The spices and herbs used this time are black pepper, coriander seeds, juniper berries, cloves, mace, cardamom, bay leaves, fresh thyme and rosemary.



 コンフィには、ラードやグースファットなどの動物性の油脂を用いるのが本格的ですが、さっぱりと仕上げたいので、植物性のオリーブオイルを使用し、こくを出すために牛脂と豚の脂身を加えました。

 Traditionally, animal fats such as lard and goose fat etc. are used to make confit. However, I wanted a refreshing finish so that I used vegetable olive oil. Then I added beef fat and pork fat to give it a richer flavor.



 鍋を弱火にかけつつ、オーブンを120℃に予熱します。鍋が温まり、かつ、オーブンの予熱が完了したら、鍋をオーブンに入れて、2時間ほどそのままにします。なお、鍋を入れたら、オーブンの温度設定は100℃に下げます。

 Preheat the oven to 120℃ and place the pot on low heat. Once the pot is warm and the oven has preheated, place the pot in the oven and leave it there for about 2 hours. After placing the pot, lower the oven temperature to 100℃.




 オーブンでの調理が終りました。
 鍋の中はこんな様子です。
 オリーブオイルをかなりケチってしまいました。本来は、鶏肉が十分かぶるぐらいの油の量が適切です。

 Cooking in the oven is complete.
 This is what it looks like inside the pot.
 I've been skimping on olive oil quite a bit. Normally, the appropriate amount of oil should be enough to cover the chicken.

仕上げ Finishing


 仕上げは、フライパンにコンフィに使用した油を熱し、肉の表面を焼きます。特に皮目をパリッと仕上げたいですが…… 残念なことに、今回は期待通りにはいきませんでした。

 To finish, heat the oil used for confit in a frying pan and sear the surface of the meat. I especially want the skin to be crispy. But unfortunately, it didn't go as expected this time.


 今回の調理の反省点としては次の3つです。
① 油煮の際は、油をケチらずに、たっぷりと使う。
② 油煮にしっかりと時間をかける。今回は、1時間半ほどでオーブンから鍋を出してしまいましたが、早過ぎて肉がまだ固い状態でした。2時間から2時間半ほど、しっかり火を通した方がよかったと思います。
③ 仕上げの際も、フライパンでしっかりと焼き目を付ける。今回は、皮目を6分ほど焼いたのですが、焦がさないよう火を弱めてしまったので、ぱりぱりには届きませんでした。

 There are three points to consider when cooking this time:
① When simmering in oil, use plenty of oil without being stingy.
② Take plenty of time to simmer in oil. This time, I took the pot out of the oven after about 1 hour and a half, but it was too early and the chicken was still tough. I think it would have been better if it had been thoroughly cooked for about 2 to 2 and a half hours.
③ When finishing, make sure to brown thoroughly in a frying pan. This time, I fried the skin-side for about 6 minutes, but I lowered the heat to avoid burning it, so it wasn't crispy enough.

付合せ Accompaniment




 付合せとして、蒸した菊芋とじゃが芋にコンフィに使用したオイルをまぶし、レモン汁を絞り掛けたものをオーブンでローストしました。

 As an accompaniment, steamed Jerusalem artichokes and potatoes were drizzled with the oil used for the confit, squeezed with lemon juice, and then roasted in the oven.

デザート Dessert




 デザートは、数日前から家人が準備していたダンディーケーキです。スコットランド発祥のケーキだそうです。
 様々なドライフルーツやスパイスが入った焼き菓子です。焼いてから三日目あたりで、味がなじんで美味しくなると言われます。

 Dessert was a dundee cake that my wife had been preparing for a few days. This cake has originated in Scotland.
 This is a baked sweet filled with various dried fruits and spices. It is said that the flavors will meld and become more delicious on the third day after baking.


コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

春の草花 小さな花々

彼岸の中日の牡丹餅と三分咲きの桜

ロティ・ド・ポーとラタトゥイユ