糸瓜と乾燥蚕豆は美味しい Dishes of Loofah and Dried Fava Beans

今日の晩ごはん Today's Dinner



茴香豆 Fennel and Beans

 茴香豆は、魯迅の小説『孔乙巳』にも登場するおつまみです。と申しましても、僕はまだその小説を読んだことがありません。

 魯迅の故郷、紹興府(現在の浙江省紹興市付近)の庶民の居酒屋などで出されていた、労働者など庶民の食べ物だったと言われます。

 今では、紹興の名物料理の一つとされているようです。

 蚕豆を茴香(ういきょう;八角やフェンネル)、紹興酒、醤油などで煮て作ります。

 僕も好物で、吾が家でもよく家人に料理して貰います。

 乾燥の蚕豆を使用するのが本来だと、以前何かで読んだことがあり、探していましたが、近所ではなかなか手に入らないため、生の蚕豆を使って作ってもらっていました。

 Fennel and Beans, simmered fava beans, are a snack that also appears in Lu Xun's novel "Kong Yiji". However, I have not read it yet.

 Fennel and Beans was served to workers and other common people in taverns in Lu Xun's hometown, Shaoxing Prefecture (present-day Shaoxing City, Zhejiang Province).

 Even now, it is considered one of Shaoxing's specialties.

 It is made by simmering fava beans with star anise and fennel seeds, along with Shaoxing wine and soy sauce.

 I love it too, and my wife often makes it for me.

 I had been looking for dried fava beans because I had read somewhere that it was originally made with dried ones, but I couldn't find it anywhere in my neighborhood. So my wife used to make it with raw ingredients.


 ところが、先日、ある店で富澤商店の乾燥蚕豆を見つけて早速購入しました。

 The other day, I have finally found dried ones at the store and immediately bought them.


 乾燥蚕豆は、煮る前に一晩かけて水で戻します。

 Dried fava beans are soaked in water overnight before simmering.



絲瓜排骨湯 Loofah Pork Ribs Soup



 台湾風のスープです。

 日本では、ヘチマは料理にはあまり使われませんが、台湾ではよく使われるそうです。

 僕の祖母は、日本統治下の台湾で育ったので、僕が子供の頃、台湾の料理を良く作ってくれました。

 ヘチマの汁物なども、作ってもらったことがあります。

 日本でも、沖縄ではヘチマがよく食べられるようです。

 This is a Taiwanese style soup.

 In Japan, loofah is not often used for cooking, but in Taiwan it is seems to be used often.

 My grandmother grew up in Taiwan under Japanese rule, so she often cooked Taiwanese dishes when I was a child.

 She used to make loofah soup, too.

 Even in Japan, it seems that loofah is often eaten in Okinawa.


菜脯蛋 Preserved Radish Omelette

 これも台湾料理です。

 もともとは先住民の方の料理だとも言われます。

 This is also a Taiwanese dish.

 It is said that it was originally a dish of indigenous people.

 カルディの「台湾風玉子焼きの素」を、見切れ品の半値で購入しました。

 This omlette mix was sold as a clearance item at a half price.


コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

春の草花 小さな花々

彼岸の中日の牡丹餅と三分咲きの桜

ロティ・ド・ポーとラタトゥイユ